Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Orientation Day 1

Whew! Well a whole lot of sitting went on today. Got lots of information thrown my way. Some informative; others overkill. Insurance was a little over my head but I feel like after a while I will get a good grasp of what the heck health insurance involves (never have I been on my own so it was something I didn't need to worry about!).

For some reason, I got a little nervous sitting and listening. A lot of things flew through my mind. I wondered if this was really it for me. Dentistry I mean. This is what I have always wanted and now I am here, it just seems fictitious. Even though it was day one of orientation, things still haven't setteled in. My mind actually went to marrige (even though I am single haha). I thought to myself: is this what getting married is like? All this contemplation? I believe in my heart that this is where I am supposed to be, I think it just takes a little getting used to!

After the sitting, sitting, and more sitting, we got to take our photos for ID. Fingers are crossed that a decent picture is soon to come!! It felt like the DMV: smile, put sign down, smile, ok good, get ID in mail, look like crap! Hopefully this isn't the case. We then moved on to getting fitted for our white coats. A little surreal.

After a wonderful day at orientation, a bunch of dental students decided to have a BBQ at one of the apartment complex's nearby. What a great time! Who knew that beer pong could be played in the pool? :) I met lots of D2's and more D1's and everyone is fantastic. There are so many amazing people it just boggles my mind. Today was great, tommorws another day, and I have no doubt it will be equally as breathtaking.

1 comment:

  1. you're gonna get started with classes and feel so much better! i know i did. you're gonna be an awesome dentist!! and you're gonna live right next door to me so you can fit me for my dentures when i'm 75.

    ReplyDelete