Monday, August 22, 2011

The Beginning

Hey everyone. Well Arizona is AMAZING. Number one, it sure is HOT HOT HOT here. Never did I imagine the heat would be this overwhelming. Note to all Minnesotans - a dry heat does not mean less heat.....its still fricken hot! The drive was very long but I made it in 2 days. Upon my arrival I started getting things for my appt. immediately (literally). I even had a bed to sleep on for night #1. Impressive I thought. With all the hustle and bustle of the arrival I completely forgot to eat and yes even drink. Finally I decided to stop at Subway, little did I know nearly passing out would occur. I thankfully got some food in my stomach and had some food. Drinking water is an absolute MUST! Adjusting to the time change was hard, I had many restless nights at first but am beginning to acclimate.

I have met many amazing people. Everyone here at Midwestern is so fun and from all areas of the U.S. which always makes for good stories. I have been all over seeing as much as possible while I am not busy with school. I have gone to 2 golf courses (an absolute must of course), checked out the night life in Scottsdale, went to a few bars in Glendale, went bowling, climbed Camelback Mtn., tubed down Salt River and have gotten more than enough pool time (ohh and alcohol too!).

I am very excited for classes to begin and to meet more of my classmates. Most importantly I am ready to get into a routine! If you know me well, you know I love school and I am very excited but very nervous. I just need to remember that they obviously saw something in me to accept me to dental school and I need to maintain confidence in myself!

Orientation starts tomorrow and continues until Friday afternoon. I have already ordered my scrubs and gotten my parking pass, so I need books, loupes, instruments, my laptop and all those fun gadgets.

I am loving it here but missing everyone at home too! This is my first time living in another state, especially one quite far away. I miss and love all my friends and family and I know they are all rooting for me! Hope you all keep in touch and follow me in my journey! More to come :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Another blogger! :) Welcome *hugs* Have fun tomorrow and best of luck...I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete